Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Your Guide To Cloud Nine: Dreams.

A big hello to all my returning readers and an even bigger hello to all the first-timers! If you want to know more about this girl called 'Spencer', head over to the new About Me page. If you've already done that, or you just want to keep reading, go ahead!

I'm one of those people who have really vivid dreams (nightmares as well :O) and still remember them when they wake up in the morning. I'm also one of those people who sleep-talk., which means I might suddenly mumble 'Mr. Hayden.' in the dead of the night in my sleep. It turns out that that actually happened. All I remember about that particular dream was some surfer guy with beach blonde hair, who turned out to be Mr. Hyde from 'The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde'. I don't really know what that's about, but I have weird dreams sometimes, and I've gotten accustomed to them. :)

So...dreams. They're stories your mind spins when you're asleep. They're beautiful lullabies your mind sings to lull you to sleep. They're also reflections of the you your mind knows. The real you. That's what they are according to me, anyway. I've noticed that on the nights of a really bad day, I end up having nightmares. Horrible, relentless nightmares. The ones that make you sit up in your bed at 1:00 a.m. until you convince yourself that you are still in your bedroom and not stuck in a forest that's alive and full of hungry werewolves on a full-moon night. The ones that make you wish you'd never read that murder mystery. I call tell you, those stories can put a lot of things into your head. 

But the same holds true for when I have a great day - I dream the sweetest dream imaginable.
If you're lucky, you might get one of those dreams that make you laugh when you wake up. I once had this dream where a cat, having been awakened by a mouse, sent him a text him on a big old phone that read 
'Dear Mouse, 
You know I'm going to catch you soon. 
Your pal, Mr.Cat.'
Mr. Mouse then got scared and locked himself up in his little mouse-hole. I forgot what happened after that, but I'm pretty sure I remember Mr.Cat eating Mr.Mouse with a napkin spread out on on his knees. :D (Very well-mannered, wouldn't you think?)

But what I'm trying to say is, dreams are beautiful and are almost always insightful. If you happen to remember a dream, ponder over it for a while when you get some spare time. You may learn a great deal from it. Artists take inspiration from dreams, and so do many aspiring writers. Some believe dreams are a reflection of the mind's greatest desires and anxieties. Some say they are there because they complete the development of undeveloped ideas throughout the day. The truth is, we don't know why we have dreams - nor do we understand them - and the way I see it, we never will. Dreams are daily journeys to different locations that give you elation beyond description. They most definitely take us to our cloud nine when we are asleep. After a long, hard day at work or school, come back to the comfort of your home, think happy thoughts (so you don't get a nightmare :D) and sink your head into a fluffy pillow. When you wake up, the trip to your cloud nine will have left you refreshed, energized, and ready to tackle anything that might come along your way.

Dreams are inspirational, beautiful works of arts created by the subconscious, and we must learn to appreciate them as long we dream. 

As always, read, enjoy and never stop dreaming! Don't forget to leave a comment either - I'm eager to hear from all of you!


Catch you later!
Spencer :)



No comments:

Post a Comment