Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

How To: Beat The Monday Blues Every Week.

Hello and welcome back to everyone! I'm starting a new 'feature' of this blog called the "How To" and these are posts where I will tell you how to do something. (Obvious? :D) But anyways, do you feel tired when you wake up on Monday mornings? Does the whole world suddenly seem dreary? Do you feel so dull you just don't want to get out of bed? Sounds like a bad case of the Monday Blues. Speaking of which, my Monday Blues can get pretty horrible on well, every Monday. Really, really horrible. 

In fact, here's how I look like in the mornings.


Five more minutes. Please.
I used to feel sluggish and tired and everything that makes you not want to leave your bed. I would never be in the right mood, and I would see everything predicted during the week in a negative light. You see, I know exactly what it's like. And it was worse for me because I'm not a coffee-drinker. I have never tasted coffee in my entire life. (Sounds unbelievable right?) But it's true. So I had to find other ways to make my Monday Blues disappear. 

Hey, when I get like this during the day....


Zzz...what? - Zzz....No. I can't sleep. Not right now.
...I know I have to do something. And lo, behold! 


Spencer's 7 Ways To Beat The Monday Blues.

1.  Never ever ever sleep late on a Sunday night. Never. Ever.

2. Wake up early and give yourself a bit of time to get used to the fast-paced life during your weekdays. Maybe even take a nice walk in the fresh air. It helps.

3. If you still feel sluggish, have a nice, hot cup of coffee or milk and relax yourself. Think of a happy place (somewhere you feel you can be yourself with no pressure. My happy place, for example, is a beach-side rose garden with colourful butterflies.) :D A nice, warm shower helps too. 

4. Face the fact that Monday is here...but that Friday will be back in the blink of an eye. Often, thinking about happy things can have a lasting effect on your mood. Plan something great for a Friday night. (Preferably with friends or family.)

5. Eat an awesome breakfast. I mean - awesome. And do not skip it unless you want to feel right down in the dumps all day.

6. Think about meeting your friends at the workplace or school and talk cheerfully to your family at home. Trust me, this definitely works. They can cheer you up like nobody's business.

7. Treat yourself to some comfort food. It should make you feel warm and cuddly inside; the food depends upon you and where you're from. It should make you feel all comfy - that's all that matters. Sometimes I nibble on a bit of dark chocolate to help wash away that moodiness.

So, that's it. These are my own ways - methods that I use to counter the blues. To be honest, the Monday blues can take away the joy of a whole week. The joy of doing a whole lot of things that should make you feel ecstatic! So, what about you? Do you have any special or unique ways you use to beat your Monday Blues? Let me know in the comments section below and I'll give you a shout-out on my next post! 

As always, read, enjoy and never ever forget to leave a comment! About whatever you want - my blog, posts, or what you think I should write about! 

P.S. I know most of my GIFs are cat ones. I don't know why - it just so happens that every GIF I pick happens to be one with a cat in it. :D Maybe it's because I love cats.



Catch you later!
Spencer :)




No comments:

Post a Comment