Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

The First Post!

Do you like reading? Love writing? Maybe you love to spend time in the kitchen whipping up something delicious!

Hello to everyone reading this! This is my first post on this blog, and over here I'll discuss everything from writing to recipes to music.

I read classic books most of the time - books written by O.Henry, or those by Robin Cook. And they have inspired me to write. I write both poetry and stories, but I write the former more frequently. To me, writing is a way of expressing myself, and using poetry one can simply state all complicated things.

Speaking of poetry, do you read poems? If you don't, you should try it! You are transported to another place for a fair amount of time, all while you sit in your cosy armchair by the side of a warm and inviting fire! Here's a poem I wrote myself, about writing:

 A Rosewood Desk


And there he sits at his rosewood desk,
With a quill dipped in a bottle of ink,
He's set his mind on quite a strenuous task,
For which he has to think and think.
In his mind, a spider spins a web,
Of paragraphs, lines and chapters still,
And finally he takes the first step,
And upon the parchment he places the quill.
Halfway through, and he shakes his head in despair,
The spider has stopped spinning her web,
Sadly, he rips out a precious page,
And starts writing all over again.
And there he sits at his rosewood desk,
With a quill speeding over the parchment,
A cool breeze blows, he sets the quill down,
Satisfied that a night's been well-spent.

By: Spencer                                     


Well, that's it for now!
Read, enjoy and comment about things you think should come on here!

Catch you later!
Spencer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment