Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Chocolatey Wonderfulness Of Chocolate

Hey there! This post is something special for all those creative chefs out there - it may be quite simple, maybe it's the first thing anyone makes if they're cooking for the first time - but hey, don't we all love to go back to the simple basics sometimes? I know I do. Anyways, I've had quite a craving for all things chocolate lately, and so I looked up recipes on the net for anything - anything - chocolate. Well, anything that doesn't include eggs, since I'm vegetarian, but apart from that, I don't mind what I find - as long as it is chocolate.

Where was I? Oh yes, I've had a craving, and I found this amazing recipe (its really quick and simple) at Joy Of Baking - for hot chocolate - which I'm yet to try making - but the pictures looked so good I knew I had to post it here. At once. Immediately. Without any delay. :) 

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:
2 cups (480 ml) milk
3 ounces (90 grams) semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 ounce (30 grams) milk chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon granulated white sugar, or to taste (optional)
Method:
Place the milk, semisweet chocolate, milk chocolate, and sugar (if you're using it), in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk periodically until the mixture just reaches the boiling point. Remove from heat and if more foam is desired, use a wire whisk or hand held immersion blender to whip the hot chocolate.

Pour the hot chocolate into two cups and serve.
Add a dollop of whipped cream to really indulge yourself. As an added bonus, dust some cocoa powder or shaved chocolate on top of the cream. :) Yum!

Hot Chocolate
This is a picture of the hot chocolate by Stephanie Jaworski over at Joy Of Baking.



Oh, and if any of you want to make the entire treat at home, here's the recipe for whipped cream - also from Joy Of Baking:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (120 ml) cold heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon (15 grams) granulated white sugar
Grated chocolate or cocoa powder
Method:
In your mixing bowl, place the whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar and stir to combine. If you have time, cover and chill the bowl and wire whisk in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. When chilled, beat the mixture until stiff peaks form. The whipped cream will keep in the refrigerator for a day or two.

Try making some if the weather allows it wherever you live - and if you do, let us know how it was! Leave a comment, and if you find any improvements or variations, don't hesitate to share them! Oh, and one last, final thing, I got both recipes from a wonderful site, Joy Of Baking. I've already given a link above, but just in case -

Read more at :Joy Of Baking

Visit it if you can - it is a really good read, especially for those who keep whipping up delicacies! So, everyone, read, enjoy and don't forget to leave a comment!


Catch you later!
Spencer :)



No comments:

Post a Comment